In

Officially getting started in the world of PR, my eyes have been opened to a new and exciting world. Working for a PR firm as an intern has already been very rewarding. Day one was your basic introductions and first time jitters; but since then i have been loving the experience.

I had no idea the kind of things I would be doing, but i'll say one thing: I am so glad I took "Media Writing" at last semester. That class has prepared me for more real world situations than I thought I would encounter this early on.

Writing press releases, news releases, creating blog posts, researching and reviewing case studies, and creating social media posts and input. None of these things would I have been able to have done without that media class. Yet, still, I am doing well. So far I have had 3 to 6 assignments each day and have been able to produce efficient work and so far I have had no problem doing it.

Some of my assignments have taken some time to work on; but with good time comes good work, so I don't mind it. Right now I have been able to manage my time and my work and have been able to get everything done by the time it needs to be ready. It almost seems too easy; but I suppose that's a good thing. If things come easy to you then that means that's what you're meant to do. And I enjoy that.

So far everything has been smooth sailing- let's hope it stays that way.

Comments